Monday, October 19, 2015

Year and a half of work - sort of

It's been a bit too long since my last post. Over a year actually. Sorry for keeping it quiet, but since the last post a lot has been going on. I've built a couple of 3D printers and playing with them along the school has kept me rather busy.

A lot has happened with Cinquedea, as well. In last autumn I took a half hour long photo shoot to photograph a needed 360° panorama for the background of the final renders. The panorama consists of three different exposures to illuminate the final renders. I chose an old spinning mill in Forssa as location - very beautiful area of red bricks in autumn sunset. The flattened 8 bit panorama can be seen below. The version used as background is in 32 bit depth and over 100 Mb in size.



In addition to the background there has been a lot of other stuff to make. Interior materials have been thought over and a ton of little details have been dropped in and out of the car: meshes, badges, lights, mirrors and so on. Suddenly I noticed it is rather difficult to show any work in progress any more without showing the final result. The car was almost finished.








Even with the light plane studio I made to catch all the flaws in the mesh with sharp reflections I encountered a ton of difficulties when making the body panel gaps. My mesh was often too dense and not thought over. This created weird bumps near the panel gaps. I spent a couple of weeks fixing all the errors and ended up in a point where I needed a break before the final renders.

Final teaser before showing the whole thing tomorrow! Something I made to keep my phone's lock screen a tad prettier.








No comments:

Post a Comment