Sunday, February 9, 2014

Enjoy your stay!

Hey!

Welcome to my blog!

Me, the writer of this blog is named Matti (hence the M). Some of the readers can perhaps remember me with the name Maza from some forums like Autemo and m-a-z-a at deviantart. I am a mechanical engineering student at Tampere Finland and, like many, have a great passion for cars. Since it has been a bit of an issue with actually owning a car (costs, garage and so on) I have had to find some other ways to work with them. Of course already as a kid all the notebook covers were full of sketches of cars. Then came photomanipulating and the most recent step was a change to 3D modeling.

Photoshop is something I have been using for quite a many years already but 3D modeling and especially the use of 3D Studio Max is something relatively new to me and there will be much to learn. Perhaps the biggest reason for this blog was to collect fellow beginner car modelers a good source of helpful tips and tricks: links to other sites and some things I already found out the hard way about the 3D Studio Max and the inbuilt renderer, mental ray.

The blog will work also as a good way to collect all of my work at the same place for everyone to see. Also showing work in progress with 3D models will become much easier due to this new blog of mine.

 It is a bit of a hassle at first to get everything going. Now there are already different sections to watch my 2D and 3D work. I will add tutorial section soon - there has been tons of things I have learned about 3D modeling within the past year but I try to cover as many of them as possible.

I hope you enjoy what you see and please, comments and critics are always welcome!

- Matti

No comments:

Post a Comment